Salish Sea sonar chronology
From Beam Reach Wiki
Revision as of 16:11, 16 September 2009 by Scott
A place to remember what happened when...
- December, 2002?
- January, 2003?
- 04/23/2003: Unknown?
- 05/05/2003: USS Shoup, AN/SQS-53C (V) 4 tactical mid-frequency sonar
- 370+ recorded pings (sonar transmissions)
- Source levels (Val Veirs, Colorado College)
- Descriptions of marine mammal response
- NOAA assessment (PDF)
- Fromm analysis abstract (PNG)
- Pacific Fleet DEIS revision letter (PDF) Mentions how Shoup incident informs Navy dose curves and that SQS 53 sonar source level versus transmit angle is classified.