Salmon conservation and dam removal
Salmon recovery in the Pacific Northwest
Dam removal resources
There have been calls for removal of the lower 4 Snake River dams...
Slated for dam removal in 2012?
- Elwha Ecosystem Restoration Project
- Chinook in the Elwha
- Chinook in Olympic Peninsula rivers
- EIS (PDF)
- Dam removal timeline
White Salmon River
Slated for dam removal in 2008? As of 2009, scheduled for demolition in 2012. The White Salmon is a tributary of the Columbia River that originates at Mount Adams.
- Marmot Dam on the Sandy River, a tributary of the lower Columbia near Portland, was breached in 2008
- Beam Reach blog re video of removal
Possibly by 2020?
In Oregon, Gov. Ted Kulongoski was expected to sign a bill to raise $180 million for removing four hydroelectric dams rising from 60 to 162 feet on the Klamath River, freeing up long-blocked salmon runs. Work could begin around 2020 if it can be done safely.
"That is going to be an internationally significant river restoration project," said Lindloff. "It will be the largest dam removal project in the history of the world as far was we know."
Од 10 December, 2005 - 5:18 pmZarem mislis znae nekoj koj natasn treba da se pokrie i prezentira. Siguren sum deka 90% od vremeto nasite takanareceni novinari (cest na isklucocite, koi za zal se malku) go pominuvaat na nivniot mizeren blog :-).Mnogu od niv otidoa vo USA, EU na strucno usovrsuvanje, no sporeduvajci gi so tamosnite novinari, mozam da kazam deka dzabe si go gubele vremeto.
- 1963 Grangeville Dam on the south fork Clearwater
- 1973 Lewiston Dam on the Clearwater
- 2006 Cove Dam on Bear River in SE Idaho
I found just what I was needed, and it was eterntaniing!