Salmon conservation and dam removal
Salmon recovery in the Pacific Northwest
There have been calls for removal of the lower 4 Snake River dams...
Slated for dam removal in 2012?
- Elwha Ecosystem Restoration Project
- Chinook in the Elwha
- Chinook in Olympic Peninsula rivers
- EIS (PDF)
- Dam removal timeline
White Salmon River
Slated for dam removal in 2008? The White Salmon is a tributary of the Columbia River that originates at Mount Adams.
- 1934 Sunbeam Dam on the main Salmon near Stanley
- 1963 Grangeville Dam on the south fork Clearwater
- 1973 Lewiston Dam on the Clearwater
- 2006 Cove Dam on Bear River in SE Idaho