If you missed this announcement on the MarMam listserve, it looks like a good fit for a Beam Reach alum. JASCO is a productive firm employing great acousticians, including Christine Erbe.
Position Description: Field SUPPORT SCIENTIST(S)
JASCO Applied Sciences is an international group of companies with over 30 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Marine Construction, Environmental, Oceanographic and Defense sectors. We are a world-leader in the science related to anthropogenic noise and its effects on marine life. JASCO has immediate openings for Field Support Scientist(s) in our Anchorage, Alaska office.
As a Field Support Scientist you will conduct scientific research programs in the field and at sea participating in the preparation, deployment, and retrieval of a variety of underwater acoustic instrumentation packages. This may require considerable travel worldwide.
- Participate in scientific research studies at sea and in the field, possibly in remote locations
- Conduct routine maintenance, assembly and disassembly of oceanographic instruments and moorings
- Sea going support of oceanographic equipment deployments and recoveries
- Packaging of oceanographic instrumentation in preparation for shipping prior to deployment
- Unpacking and cleaning of oceanographic instrumentation after recovery
- Adherence to quality and health & safety policies and procedures
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Sea-going experience, ideally in support of scientific research, offshore oil & gas exploration or passive sonar operations
- Traditional Knowledge of the Alaskan Marine Environment
- Experience in the deployment, recovery and mooring of oceanographic instrumentation
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment maintaining focus on work quality
- Ability to perform physically and mentally demanding tasks
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Able to obtain/maintain a Marine Medical Certificate
- Able to travel internationally and to pass a government security clearance
- Relevant Degree or Traditional Knowledge in Marine/Environmental Science, Physics or Biology
- Desirable: Knowledge of Underwater Acoustics and Noise Impact Assessment especially as they pertain to Marine Mammals.
- Desirable: Current Offshore Survival and Medical Certificates
- Desirable: Formal First Aid Training & Qualifications
- Competitive compensation package
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Chief Executive Officer
JASCO APPLIED SCIENCES
202 – 32 Troop Ave.
Dartmouth, NS, Canada, B3B 1Z1
T. +1.902.405.3336 ex. 1001
_______________________________________________ MARMAM mailing list MARMAM@lists.uvic.ca https://lists.uvic.ca/mailman/listinfo/marmam